Take An Additional 15% Off Brakes and Rotors* Using Code: BRAKESAVE15
Inc. Magazine rated BuyAutoParts.com as one of the fastest growing companies for 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 in the United States. www.inc.com/inc5000/profile/buyautopartscom BuyAutoParts.com has been in business for over 25 years. We started out as a wholesale distributor of automotive products in 1988 and grew as an online retailer of auto parts. Today we have 120 employees in our San Diego, CA headquarters. Our traditional WD group continues to serve wholesale accounts, while our internet site is a popular destination for retail customers, car enthusiasts and mechanics.
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our Accounting team. This position will provide leadership for the company’s Accounting department, and support for the company’s CFO. The Controller will interact with all departments within our organization, including members of the Executive team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual with excellent communication skills, who is able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and actual expenditures
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements and management reports
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep CFO and Executive team abreast of company’s financial status
- Assist CFO and Executive team in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate
- Support the CFO around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Supervise entire payroll processing and reporting functions
- Coordinate all audit activity
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Controller or equivalent; in an organization with annual revenue exceeding $25 million; eCommerce, retail, distribution and/or auto parts experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (including Word, Excel, Outlook) as required and has ability to learn specific computer programs as needed; QuickBooks and MS Dynamics NAV
- Knowledge and application of GAAP
- Expert knowledge of general Accounting concepts
- Ability to apply analytical skills to solve problems
- Excellent management skills
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in business math
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary DOE. We also have a generous benefits program including 3 weeks paid time off, paid holidays, full healthcare, dental, vision, on site yoga, free drinks and snacks, and a great company culture. **Local candidates only please**
*BuyAutoParts.com is a leading international e-commerce and wholesale distribution company based in San Diego, CA. We have been providing high quality parts and excellence in customer service for over 20 years. Come join our growing team. For more information on our company, check out: www.inc.com/inc5000/profile/buyautopartscom
Please apply below including your cover letter telling us why you are the best fit for this position. We only seek the best and the brightest. Strong work ethic, a great attitude, self- motivation, and the ability to thrive in a team-player environment are always expected.