Take An Additional 15% Off Brakes and Rotors* Using Code: BRAKESAVE15
Our Steering Rack and Pinion
BuyAutoParts.com sells various automotive parts that are manufactured using state-of-the-art machinery at reasonable prices. We have a large customer-base due to the quality of our auto parts and the customer service we provide. This page explains the various processes our steering racks and pinions undergo before they are made available in the market. This article also provides some basic information on steering rack and pinion.
Why you should consider buying steering racks and pinions from BuyAutoParts.com
Make no mistake, quality does matter. There are many fraudulent dealers out there who can provide parts at cheap prices. But, the quality of used or poorly rebuilt parts will disappoint you. BuyAutoParts.com's parts are of the top quality. Here are the various points which tell you why buying steering racks and pinions from BuyAutoParts.com is a wise decision:
- Our input shafts are carefully inspected and repaired to ensure a good fit with the coupler.
- New Teflon Seal Packs are installed, the torsion bar is torqued down to spec and the valves are balanced before and after assembly.
- Ports are checked by installing hoses and performing a pressure test using advanced machinery.
- Hard lines are tested with both air and hydraulic fluid to ascertain a proper flow.
- Shafts are ground for smooth and easy steering.
- All of our racks come long with inner tie rod ends, unless you order them short.
- Attention is given to the proper balancing and testing of the ball joints.
- Seals of excellent quality are used. The “Main” or “Shaft” seal is tested to ensure an optimal performance.
- All racks are thoroughly cleaned and tested for housing quality. Then, racks are painted with top-quality automotive paint.
- Bushings are checked and replaced, if they are found defective.
About Steering Rack and Pinion
Rack and pinion steering, found predominantly in today's automobiles, turns the car's wheels in response to the steering wheel. The main components in a rack and pinion system include tie rods, shaft, and the rack and pinion. When the steering wheel is turned, the shaft transfers the motion of the steering wheel to the gear. This causes the gear to rotate which results in the movement of the rack. This in turn causes the tie rods attached at the ends of the rack to move, thereby moving the steering arms connected to the wheels. This ultimately directs the wheels to turn in the appropriate direction.
Almost all modern cars come with power assist in their steering. A hydraulic power steering rack uses pressurized hydraulic fluid to turn the wheels with minimal force applied on the steering wheel. The pressure comes from and goes into the center ring as shown in the image below. Depending on which direction you are turning, the pinion distributes fluid through either the top or bottom ring (small holes) which passes through to the pinion, increasing the pressure in that direction and giving the driver the required assist. The power assist can also be provided to a steering system electrically.
Common symptoms of a rack and pinion steering include soft/hard steering wheel and wandering of the car's wheels while driving. Problematic rack and pinion steering also causes the tires to wear unevenly due to wandering of the wheels. Steering rack and pinions that have become loose can produce a thudding or clunking noise. Common causes of a bad rack and pinion steering system include age and hydraulic fluid leak in case of hydraulic power steering systems.
BuyAutoParts.com stocks a multitude of steering parts at unbeatable prices. You can browse through the parts in our inventory by clicking here.