(Manual Steering Gear Box - BUYAUTOPARTS New)
Interchange Part Numbers
This is a New BuyAutoParts Manual Steering Gear Box (Note: BuyAutoParts New). SKU number 82-70117 AN
This is a brand new manual steering gearbox and is a high quality guaranteed exact fit replacement. Check your exact vehicle options, but this gearbox was commonly found on 1967-1970 Ford Mustang and Mercury Cougar. This only fits models with manual steering from the factory, or early power-assist steering systems that use a ram assist cylinder and control valve to help turn a manual gearbox. 16:1 steering ratio (4.1 turns lock-to-lock), 6-3/16"" input shaft length, 1-1/8"" output shaft diameter, replacement for casting tag SMB-K or SMB-F. Brand new part with no core deposit or return required, backed by a three year, unlimited mileage warranty.
|Part Type||Manual Steering Gear Box|
FREE 3 Year Unlimited Mileage WarrantyMore Information
Additional warranty options available at checkout
3 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty FREE 5 Year Extended Unlimited Mileage Warranty $40.49 Lifetime Unlimited Mileage Warranty $67.49
Product and Installation Videos
1968 Ford Mustang Manual Steering - 16-1 Ratio or WITH TAG SMB-K
1969 Ford Mustang Manual Steering - 16-1 Ratio or WITH TAG SMB-K
1970 Ford Mustang Manual Steering - 16-1 Ratio or WITH TAG SMB-K
Click here for a full list +
- 1967 Ford Mustang Manual Steering - 6-3/16in short input shaft - 16-1 Ratio and 1 1/8in Output Shaft Diameter or WITH TAG SMB-K
- 1969 Mercury Cougar Manual Steering - 16-1 Ratio or WITH TAG SMB-K
- 1970 Mercury Cougar Manual Steering - 16-1 Ratio or WITH TAG SMB-K
- 1967 Mercury Cougar Manual Steering - 6-3/16in short input shaft - 16-1 Ratio and 1 1/8in Output Shaft Diameter or WITH TAG SMB-K
Ask a question about this product
Leave this product a review
A "core" is what the industry calls your old defective part. We want cores to rebuild, recycle and/or resell.
Many of our parts have refundable core deposits. This means you pay a temporary deposit at the time you buy a part. Then, we fully refund the deposit once you send us your old part. Unlike most companies, we provide you with a FREE RETURN SHIPPING label to send back your core. (This label is good for use only in the contiguous 48 states.)
Here's how it works:
- You purchase the part you need to fix your vehicle.
- You pay a temporary refundable core deposit. Don’t worry, you’ll get this back!.
- You ship us your old part (the core) for free.
- When we receive your old part (the core), we refund you the full amount.
If you have any questions about core deposits, please feel free to give us a call at (888)-907-7225 and we will be happy to assist you.
We Cover All the Shipping
Extended warranties available at checkout
- You send us your broken part
- We rebuild it at one of our state of the art USA based remanufacturing facilities, using top of the line, OEM quality parts
- Then we thoroughly test each unit for quality and durability
- The rebuild and testing process takes approximately 3-5 days
- Then we send the rebuilt part back to you
- Saves you money compared to sourcing elsewhere
- Guaranteed to fit, since it is the part already on your vehicle
- No core deposit required
- Provide your email or phone number on this current webpage and we will contact you, or you give us a call at 888-907-7225