Take An Additional 15% Off Brakes and Rotors* Using Code: BRAKESAVE15
Additional Warranty Info for A/C Compressors
AC COMPRESSOR WARRANTY AGREEMENT - READ THOROUGHLY
Failure to follow these 12 steps when installing the compressor will void your warranty.
1. MUST clean A/C system with an approved (R141b and Dura Flush are approved) flush, using an approved flushing method. If an approved flush is not available, an in line filter MUST be installed per the instructions included with the compressor.
2. MUST replace filter drier or accumulator.
3. MUST replace orifice tube or liquid line that contains orifice tube (if applicable).
4. Inspect/replace thermostatic expansion valve & clean inlet screen (if applicable).
5. Check for proper air flow through cooling fins of condenser & radiator (condenser may need to be replaced, see additional information in the instructions included with the compressor).
6. Check for proper fan clutch or electric fan operation.
7. Check compressor clutch air gap before installation (refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer's specifications).
8. Must add correct type & amount of refrigerant oil (refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer's specifications).
9. After hose assemblies are attached, turn compressor shaft (not just the clutch pulley) a minimum of 10 times to clear oil from compressor (a spanner wrench may be required).
10. Check compressor clutch electrical circuit for proper voltage (use either OEM or compressor manufacturer's specifications).
11. Use only R12 or R134a refrigerant.
12. Evacuate entire A/C system for a minimum of 45 minutes if the temperature is above 80 degrees
All late 90s -2006 Honda CR-V models: The condenser containing the drier
must be changed to satisfy the proper installation requirements.
(60 minutes for dual air system or if temperature is below 80 degrees).
It is very important to keep ALL your receipts.
Our warranty is a parts only warranty and does not cover labor or any other additional costs or expenses. Shipping is only covered if the failure is found to be our fault. We reserve the right to determine if the part was in fact defective.
We warranty all automotive parts to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 365 days from the date purchased. This warranty does not apply to compressors unless the installation instructions provided by us are followed in their entirety. These instructions follow on the next page and are always enclosed in the box with each compressor sold. This warranty does not cover any expenses incurred in the removal and / or reinstallation of the auto part. Specifically, this warranty does not cover any expenses for FREON, OTHER PARTS not purchased from us, or LABOR. This warranty is offered only to the original purchaser of the compressor. This warranty does not apply, and will be voided, if the auto part sold has been damaged by abuse, misuse, accident, neglect, or alteration, or if it has been repaired by anyone other than us. If the auto part sold should prove defective in material or workmanship within the warranty period, return the auto part to us, postage prepaid, along with your sales invoice. Your dated invoice will establish your eligibility for the warranty. We will, at our option, replace or repair the compressor free or charge and return it to you postage prepaid.
THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY, ORAL, WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL APPLY. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. THE CONSUMERS EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY AND HANCOCK INDUSTRIES ONLY OBLIGATION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH BREACH OF WARRANTY SHALL BE THOSE STATED HEREIN. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE AUTO PART SOLD.
This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. In addition, some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, limitations as to these matters contained herein may not apply to you.
WARRANTY IS VOID UNLESS THESE DIRECTIONS ARE FOLLOWED, PROPER INSTALLATION IS A MUST - PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTALLATION NOTES:
A compressor is a motor, like any motor the oil reservoir must be clean and contain oil. The system (condenser, lines, etc.,) is the oil reservoir. It all must be clean. You must flush the lines and condenser with a liquid flush. We only recommend using a liquid flush, followed by compressed air. Use of varsol to clean the condenser and all hoses is acceptable. It should be followed with a "no residue" solvent such as Chlorothane or Trichlorothane. MasterChem A/C Flush is recommended, followed by compressed air.
1) Remove refrigerant, following all federal guidelines and regulations and remove the old compressor. Disconnect the high pressure line (the small line) at the evaporator (for now leave the orifice tube /expansion valve in place).
2) IMPORTANT: The high pressure lines and condenser will most likely be dirty. Flush the lines and the condenser with the recommended liquid flush followed with compressed air. Pour cleaner, about 1 quart, in the high pressure line where it's attached to the compressor. Let it flow down into the condenser and then blow it out with plenty of air. Once fluid and trash stops coming out, repeat with more cleaner and air. Do this until you get clean fluid to exit the lines.
3) In most cases the orifice screen or drier filter will have kept the evaporator free from debris. If the evaporator is dirty it must be cleaned. Use only a "no residue" solvent in the evaporator as these solvents tend to evaporate quickly. Extra care is necessary to blow all the solvent from the evaporator as often the tubes are not at the lowest point of the core. If the evaporator is flushed you should allow additional time with the vacuum pump on the system in order to "boil out" all the solvent. No solvent can be left in the system.
4) Always, WITH NO EXCEPTION, install a new accumulator or drier filter, and orifice tube (certain vehicles require a new "liquid line" which contains the orifice tube). It is acceptable to use the old expansion valve, on vehicles so equipped, if it is clean and in working order. At this point, with everything clean, install the compressor.
5) Vacuum and service the system (vacuum the system a minimum of 30 minutes, one (1) hour if the Evaporator was flushed).
Oil Note: Our compressors are shipped with NO OIL. Some new compressors may be shipped with some oil. We always recommend dumping out and starting fresh. Add the appropriate oil change to the system based on the manufacturers' specifications prior to the refrigerant charge. (Most front air only systems use 8 total ounces of refrigerant oil. Most rear air systems (i.e. Minivans, etc) use 12 total ounces of refrigerant oil.
PLEASE CHECK MANUFACTURERS SPECIFICATIONS. EVERY VEHICLE IS DIFFERENT. We recommend a double end capped PAG oil of the appropriate viscosity which will be compatible with R12 or R134a refrigerants.
Electrical Connections Note: We make every effort to supply all compressors with the appropriate electrical connections. However, it is possible that the connector on our compressor could be different that your application. Many new compressors are also supplied without a connector. If this is the case, you may cut the wire in order to use your connection WITHOUT affecting your warranty. If switches and/or a line manifold are necessary, use these from the old unit.
Clutch/Pulley Turning Note: All compressors are bench tested at standard RPM's, however; all compressors MAY NOT ALWAYS turn by hand! Many popular compressors (including H6 Series GM) will NOT turn by hand. Do not force it.
Freon/Fragrant Note: Do not use any refrigerants other than pure R12 for R12 systems and pure R134 for R134 systems (unless you are doing a retrofit). Blends such as Hot Shot, Freeze 12, Free Zone, etc. or any other R22/R122 etc. blend will void warranty. No exceptions.