Honda by Model+
Honda has come a long way since their introduction to the North American automobile market about a half-century ago. Today, the brand is known for their reliable cars, minivans, trucks and other vehicles.
Honda cars have attained legendary status for their reliability and durability, and more recent models have added sophisticated design & style.
Finding Honda Auto Parts
Due to their popularity, finding quality Honda parts online can be tough. In years past, the local parts store was most likely your only source. If your local supplier didn't have a part, you were simply out of luck. At Buy Auto Parts we connect thousands of car lovers with Honda parts, for the best prices you'll find anywhere.
History of Honda Motors
Honda Motor Company, Limited is a Japanese automobile manufacturer that was established in 1948. It was initially established as a motorcycle manufacturer by Soichiro Honda, an engineer and industrialist.
- The first motorcycle, the Model A was an improvised motorized bicycle.
- The first complete motorcycle, the Model D was released in 1949.
- Honda rolled out its first automobile, the T360 mini pickup truck in 1963. The T360 truck was powered by a small 356 cc, straight-4 gasoline engine.
- Next up was the S500 sports car. Released in 1964, it was the company's first production car. It had chain-driven rear wheels.
- 1969 saw the release of the Honda 1300, the company's first four-door sedan. The N360, which rolled off the assembly-lines in 1967, was the brand's first two-door hatchback.
- The N600, a later version of the N360, featured a larger engine. It was replaced by thethe Civic, one of the brand's most popular models, in 1972.
- The Accordmade its debut in 1975 as a compact car, and is now sold as a full-size sedan in its latest generation.
- The '80s saw the introduction of the City, a subcompact car. It was retired in 1994 but it was revived again in 1996 as a compact four-door sedan.
- The 1996 version of the City paralleled the first widespread distribution of Honda parts online, but it was nothing like the present day in terms of scope and supply,
- The Legend, a mid-size luxury car, was released in 1985.
- The Odyssey, a 5-door minivan, was first produced in 1994 and is currently being marketed in its fourth generation.
- In 1996, the brand rolled out the CRV, a compact crossover SUV.
Today's popular models include the Civic, Accord, Inspire and CR-Z. The CR-Z was introduced as the latest version of the CR-X, a sporty two-door model loved by Honda enthusiasts. For many middle-aged drivers, the CR-X may have been their first car!