Spooky Savings Sale! Save $20 Off Any Suspension Purchase Of $100 Or More Using Code: SHOCK20
International Customers, please review our international shipping policies for placing orders and to know more about Shipping, Payment, and Warranties.
Steering Rack Rebuild
Make no mistake there is a difference in quality. When it comes to rack and pinion the quality of the build is a major factor on the lifespan of the part. At BuyAutoParts.com we rebuild our racks to better than factory standards.
When you install a premium remanufactured rack and pinion unit, you know that it will fit and function properly. This is not your ordinary remanufactured rack and pinion unit. Every component is inspected and then remanufactured, and often replaced with new components, so the finished unit will always meet OE performance and quality standards. All rack shafts are machined to a precision OE-type finish to assure extended seal life. New seal packs are installed to assure optimum performance. For longer life, steel sleeves are installed in all domestic and import aluminum housings. Port threads are inspected and new O-rings are provided to ensure a leak-proof installation. Our work doesn’t stop until each unit passes a function test that assures smooth and quiet operation. Finally each unit is tested on a unique steering system dynamometer, and tested for pressure, flow control, valve operation, noise, and smooth power assist. Our customers tell us our racks are the best in the business!
- New seal packs are installed on every unit to ensure optimum performance
- For longer life, steel sleeves are installed in all domestic and import aluminum-style housings
- Port threads are inspected and new O-rings provided to ensure positive leak-proof installation
- Stainless steel clamps are installed
- All lines are thoroughly cleaned, pressure tested and replaced if necessary
- Shafts are centerless ground for precision OE-type finish to assure extended seal life
- Mounting bushings are included on most applications
- New premium grade bellows boots
- inner tie rods are thoroughly inspected, remanufactured or replaced if necessary
Once our remanufactured rack and pinions have met all these standards they are tested for proper operation.